For obtaining a family visa to Kuwait one has to follow some procedures and steps in Kuwait and India. There are some procedure where you have to complete in Kuwait and India. The family visa is valid for 90 days before entry and otherwise it has been canceled automatically. Minimum salary required for obtaining a family visa is KWD 250. Family visa can be applied for direct relatives like parents, spouse and children.
Steps for obtaining Family visa in Kuwait
Family visa Procedure in Kuwait
*In the first step a family Affidavit has to be prepared and it should be attested at the Indian Embassy. The family Affidavit should contain the name of wife and childrens. The total cost for preparing family Affidavit is KD 6.6
*Application form of family visa for Kuwait has to be filled and submitted to the Visa office and local immigration department and the following documents has to be enclosed along with the application form
a)Passport copies of the applicants.
b)Civil ID copy
d)Birth certificate for children(original and photocopy)
e)Work permit-green/shoon paper
f)House rent contract copy(original and photocopy)
g)A stamp of 3 KD has to be given to officer for affixing on the Visa.
*After getting the Kuwait family Visa you have to send this to India and following further procedure to be carry on.
Procedure and requirements in India for a family visa to Kuwait
The following documents should be prepared before you go to the Kuwait Embassy and travel agent.
* Police clearance certificate
* Copies of visa should be kept with you.
* Medical certificate-A detailed medical check up has to be completed from Embassy clinic and if the Visa is processing for your child, you will have to produce a vaccination chart which should contain the history of vaccinations taken including Polio vaccine.
* After successful completing the above steps, You can reach Kuwait Embassy for Visa stamping.
Procedure after arrival in Kuwait
Once you arrived in Kuwait, you are required to do following activities.
* Medical tests including X-ray and blood test has to be done.
* Medical insurance should be prepared. Insurance fees for one year in case of children is KD 30 and for wife is KD 40 and make sure that the receipt should be kept with you along with the health card.
* Residency application should be prepared and submitted along with the paper you received from the insurance office. Residency fee for the first year is KD 100 and the following year, KD 10 is charged. Four passport size photos with blue background should kept with you.
* Residency completion period is 60 days of arriving in Kuwait or includes fine of KD 2 per day.
Procedure for Renewal of Residence or Family visa
* Renewal of family or Residence visa can be done 3 months to 1 day before it is expired which can be done through your local immigration department or at Liberation tower.
* Children's residency for 2 years can be renewed if wife must also have residency of 2 year other wise renewal will be for 1 year.
Procedure for Residence cancellation
* In case of dependent Visa, the residence can be canceled only if the sponsor submit original passport and civil ID.
* If the person is not in the country for more than 6 months, the visa will be automatically canceled.
Civil ID and its registration procedure
Civil identity card must be obtained by all person and no matter what type of residence he is on. Civil ID cards are distributed by Public Authority for Civil Information(PACI). After getting the card, the ID number will remains same even if he changes the sponsor or whether he leaves or come back after some years with a different residence visa. Civil ID card is an important proof of a person in Kuwait. This card includes person's full name, civil number, date of birth, local address, blood group, sponsor's name, type of visa, and date of expiry of the card.
Documents required for registering civil ID for the first time
* Photographs: Photographs are required for all persons above 11 years of age. Four photographs are required showing the face without spectacles. For Kuwaiti females photographs are not required.
* Passport and copy of passport pages which includes personal details and residence stamp.
* Security clearance(finger print) from the age of 16 years onwards.
* Document showing blood group from the age of 5 years.
* Rent receipts or rental agreement as a proof of house address.
* Declaration signed by sponsor.
Charges and collection of civil ID card
KD 2 is charged for getting the civil card for the first time. KD 10 is charged for replacing a lost card. Ten days are required for processing and getting the Civil ID card. Civil ID card is issued by Public Authority for Civil Information(PACI) and you can check your card processing status through PACI's computerized telephone answering system by calling 889988.
Renewing Civil ID card in Kuwait
Renewal of Civil ID card in Kuwait can be easily done through PACI's electronic renewal system which was introduced in June 2004. The only thing you have to do is call 889988 between 14:00 and 22:00 hours and enter your Civil ID card number and it gets automatically renewed within 24 hours of time.